Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Cat Exploded!

First, a tidbit from Neil Gaiman's most excellent website and livejournal. Ithought it pretty well expressed my feelings on the subject of this contest. "House burned down. Car stolen. Cat exploded. Did 1500 easy words, so all in all it was a pretty good day." "Got call this morning to say I'd got Nobel Prize for literature. Wrote less than 300 words (285) probably unusable, so lousy day." And so forth.)"

Also, I have to confess that I'm NOT working on my novel. This will seem terrible, I'm sure, particularly when I admit I'm working on a piece of fanfiction for the contest instead. But I'm writer enough (and believer in muses and sibyls and things like that) that I am not going to fight my own interests. Right now I really want to be writing this fic, and well, that's what I ought to do until it runs out. Or else I'll be cranky and the novel won't come. It's just the way of things.

And if it's any consolation, it is a really EPIC piece of fan fiction. : P

-jen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home